History of Lakeview
The four-generation family business began in Erie, Pennsylvania in 1902 when Frank W. Bacon founded Erie Tool Works to manufacture pipe fitting tools for plumbers and industrial machines. For many years, they specialized in hand tools and vices for the plumbing trade, and for more than 30 years they produced a line of plumbing tools for Sears and other private brands, such as Armstrong and Ridgid. In the early 1950s, Erie Tool Works moved to larger quarters and acquired Lakeview Forge to serve it’s growing need for forgings.
In the late 1960s, the Bacon family sold the company to Textron, which required captive forgings to serve its defense contracting needs. In 1973, Frank W. Bacon bought the company back, making Erie Tool Works a division of Lakeview Forge.
Lakeview Forge has acquired numerous patents and technological advances over the years, leading to improved manufacturing and lower production costs for its customers. This growing legacy of innovation has enabled Lakeview to adapt and thrive, becoming an industry leader in tight-tolerance forgings.
In January 2017, Dylisivar, a privately owned manufacturing company, purchased Lakeview Forge to continue their legacy of quality near-net forgings for numerous industries.